Nestled among endless species of native flora, is our home for two nights; a luxury lakehouse cottage with 180 degree water views. We could be forgiven for thinking that we are hour’s inland, away from the coast and from the comforts of civilization. Instead, the heart of Noosa and its abundance of restaurants and holiday makers are only just a ten minute drive. The pristine Eumarella Shores Noosa Lake Retreat is just a 1.5 hour drive north of Brisbane or a twenty minute drive from Maroochydore airport. These luxury four and five star self-contained waterfront cottages are located directly on the shores of the beautiful Lake Weyba.
The Noosa Hinterland makes the perfect destination for a romantic weekend getaway, boutique wedding, honeymoon, conference or retreat. Eumarella Shores Noosa Lake Retreat boasts eight traditional Queensland style contemporary lakehouses and cottages, all constructed on absolute waterfront, each with their own private lakefront timber deck that gives private water access. Each lakehouse and cottage has been thoughtfully named and themed. All of the properties here are eco-friendly and the retreat adopts a number of impressive sustainable practises.
The Deluxe Treetops Cottage is the ultimate place to relax outdoors amongst nature. I’m unable to decide which I like best… the beautiful timber verandah or the waterfront lakeside deck. My days here at the Noosa Lake Retreat are spent sun gazing, reading, writing, listening to my partner playing guitar and of course indulging in fine food and wine whilst absorbing the panoramic views of Lake Weyba. Enjoying our fine cheese platter, French bubbles and our gourmet barbecue is just the perfect way to spend an evening in the summertime.
If I could have taken one thing home with me from Eumarella Shores Noosa Lake Retreat, it would have to be the amazing waterfront bathtub. Soaking in the luscious tub as night time begins to fall, bubbles of the drinkable kind in hand and the smell of scented warm water fills the bedroom, I gaze out toward the lake. Adjacent to the wooden panelled window is a beautiful native gum tree, illuminated perfectly in the darkness by the warmth of a yellow outdoor light. This is just another subtle reminder of the privacy on offer here at this beautiful retreat as I lay back and soak in unspoilt solitude. Not a single detail has been neglected. Natural eco body wash, candles, matching white bathrobes, slippers and of course the bed just one metre from the freestanding bathtub. The perfect way to unwind and rejuvenate the soul, not to mention the best night sleep I’ve had in a long while.
Awaking early morning exploring the scenic waterways, Lake Weyba itself proves to be equally as incredible as the bathtub and verandah experiences of the previous afternoon. We canoed upstream early morning and were rewarded with a beautiful sunrise and early morning stillness. I recommend taking breakfast with you. Enjoy a morning picnic in the unspoilt natural surroundings on the shores of Lake Weyba. Here, paddleboarding, kayaking and kite surfing are also other popular water sport activities.
Heading into Noosa and ending the day watching the sunset over the beautiful Noosa River, National Park and surrounding beaches is definitely a must do! The Laguna Lookout or Noosa Hill Lookout offers breath-taking views on a clear evening. Be prepared for some spectacular photographs.
OTHER THINGS TO DO:
- Bush walk through the unspoilt fifty acre nature reserve. The lush walking trails are sign posted with various species of local native flora and fauna. Eumarella Shores Noosa Lake Retreat is a protected nature refuge where you will certainly spot local residents including kangaroos, koalas, echidnas, sugar gliders and rare bird species.
- Bike ride along trails in and around Eumarella Shores. Bikes are available for hire and it’s a great way to see more of the amazing natural beauty here in the hinterland.
- Fishing and boating are always fun recreational holiday activities. Mullet, bream, whiting, rock cod as well as some of the best mud and sand crabs of the Noosa region can be found in Lake Weyba. All fishing equipment is available through reception.
- The Eumundi Markets are popular within the area and are well worth a look.
- Enjoy the surroundings of the lakehouses and cottages. There’s no need to step foot off the amazing retreat property. Swim, sunbake, read, fish or relax from your own private lakefront timber deck and verandah.
- If you feel like getting out and about, head into Noosa and enjoy the range of shops, cafes and restaurants within close proximity to the national park. Hike around the headlands of the amazing Noosa beaches or surf some of the most iconic waves in Australia.
Do as little or as much as you please here at this gorgeous hinterland retreat. Eumarella Shores Noosa Lake Retreat really is the perfect luxury abode to pause, enjoy life’s little luxuries and re-connect with yourself and the world around you in your own private, secluded home away from home.
LITTLE LUXURIES (Included):
- Complimentary kitchen starter kit with necessities for breakfast and dinner.
- Each lakehouse comes with its very own canoe, paddles and life jackets, situated on your own private lakefront deck.
- A selection of DVDs for your entertainment.
- 1.5GB of free wifi.
- Parking for up to two vehicles at each lakehouse or cottage.
OPTIONS TO INDULGE (Added Extras):
- Breakfast and BBQ hampers.
- In room spa treatments including a range of massage services.
- Private yoga and pilates sessions.
- Baby sitting service.
We stayed in the Deluxe Treetops Cottage courtesy of Eumarella Shores Noosa Lake Retreat. A stay in the beautiful Treetops Cottage begins at $295 per night, minimum two night stay. We absolutely loved this gorgeous retreat, so much so, that it was the highlight of our three week East Coast Road Trip. I will have fond memories of Eumarella Shores and can definitely recommend staying here for anyone that loves a perfect combination of nature, the outdoors and relaxation. We could have happily have stayed longer than two nights at this blissful destination.
If you too are interested in staying at the Deluxe Treetops Cottage or any of the other cottages or lakehouses of Eumarella Shores, click the link below to find your perfect lakeside accommodation. Many of the cottages at the lake retreat are two and three bedroom, sleeping up to 6 people.
ARE YOU FOLLOWING ON SOCIAL MEDIA??
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
THE MALDIVES ON ANY BUDGET
ON SALE FOR AU$4.95. AVAILABLE FOR Download now.